Yellow Fish is an Event Management, Design & Marketing Communications Company established in 2003 to provide a full service event solution to a wide variety of industries. This includes, but is not limited to Conferences, Incentive Travel, Hospitality & Networking Events, Exhibitions, Roadshows and Team Days.
Yellow Fish are committed to ensuring that all event attendees have a clear understanding of why we collect the information that we ask for, what we do with this information once it has been provided, and your rights regarding the use of your personal data under the Data Protection Act 2018, including what you need to do should you wish to remove your consent for us to process this data.
This policy will advise you on:
- What information we collect
- The ways we collect information
- Why we collect information
- With whom we share the information we collect
- How long we keep your information for
- How you can access, amend, and delete information we collect from you
- What kinds of security we use to protect information you provide
What information we collect
To fulfil our role in making the operational arrangements for each event, Yellow Fish will use contact data provided by clients to send out registration forms, inviting their staff, clients or partners to register. We then collect responses in order to facilitate the logistical arrangements.
Depending on the type of event being organised, we will ask you to provide us with the data we need on the registration form so that we can organise the logistics and travel arrangements and will only ask you to provide answers needed to book services on your behalf.
These will include, but are not limited to: name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information to include special diets and access restrictions, travel insurance details, questions to support VISA applications, photographs and next of kin information (where applicable).
For the arrangement of Incentive Travel programmes, we often arrange specific specialist activities for attendees to take part in; additional information therefore may be required, such as height, weight, and shoe size to accommodate the securing of appropriate equipment. For certain motorised events, we may need to ask for your driving licence information in advance. We do need your consent in order to pass on these details to our relevant partners and should you not provide this, we will be unable to secure your place on these activities.
The ways we collect information
Yellow Fish collect data through third party registration platforms including CVENT, Typeform and Survey Monkey. We have used these systems to process delegate data for a number of years and each account is secure, with only relevant staff permitted to access the data collected.
For each survey we create:
- The data is controlled by Yellow Fish. None of the platforms are permitted to use or sell the data to anyone.
- The data is held securely and stored for 6 months post event before being purged.
- The data is only used to facilitate the event. Yellow Fish do not sell data to third parties.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose your information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- Administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your flights, accommodation, transfers and any specific ground programme activities.
- Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data (passport information). These requirements may differ depending upon your destination and you are advised to check should you be in any doubt. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate making the attendee experience as smooth as possible, for example, pre-checking guests into hotel accommodation.
- Manage our relationship with you, including updates about your event and handling complaints.
- To contact you in the event of an emergency.
- Providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- To contact you post event with any event collateral, links to presentations, photographs and ask for your feedback on the event itself.
- For identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance.
During the course of each event, you will receive follow up email communications following your registrations, outlining further logistical details. By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you are consenting for us to do so. We regard these as important updates and you will not be able to unsubscribe from them, unless you are notifying us that you no longer wish to participate within the event and receive the services we are providing.
Special travel circumstances
Depending on the country of travel, and what national passport you will be travelling on, we will offer in some instances to apply for a VISA on your behalf. We will therefore ask you whether you would like us to apply for this and if so, will ask you to provide the same information as advised by each country’s specific government agency website. This data will be restricted to individuals responsible for applying for your VISA and will be destroyed securely after the application has been successful. If you do not want to provide this information to us, you will need to obtain the relevant documents necessary to travel, and provide us with evidence that you have done so or we will not be able to confirm your flights.
Who do we share your information with?
Yellow Fish will only share your personal information for the purposes or organising the event and will not transfer personal information to anyone that is not necessary and have a commitment to ensure that your information remains secure and is processed in accordance with all UK data protection legislation.
The only exceptions are as follows:
- You have consented.
- It is required or authorised by law.
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health.
How long will we keep your data for?
Once we have made all of the arrangements, we will store your personal information for no longer than 6 months to allow post event wash up to take place and make sure that you have all of the relevant post event collateral. Should you attend another event where Yellow Fish is collecting registration data, you will need to resubmit after this time frame as data will be securely deleted.
How do I access and correct my personal information?
Yellow Fish have a commitment to keeping accurate records at all times and you can contact us at any time to amend or change your personal information from our systems. There is no fee to make an enquiry or request in relation to your information, or for us to add to, correct or update our records.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your data and remove it from our system at any time. However, please note that this may directly affect our ability to make arrangements for you to attend the event. We will notify you if this is the case to discuss this with you before making any attempts to remove your details. Depending on the nature of the event, Yellow Fish has no obligation to compensate for any out of pocket expenses, or for Incentive Travel trips, to offer any alternative prizes as a result.
Please note that we will also need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information and in some instances; allow up to 10 business days for us to process your request, however we will endeavour to deal with this sooner.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
To obtain a copy of your personal information, or if you wish for us to delete any personal information that you have given to us previously, please contact our Office Manager in the first instance at email@example.com or call us on 01273 223500.
We may hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by our authorised staff.
Changes to this policy
Please be aware that this policy will be regularly reviewed and is subject to change at any time, for example to comply with new data protection legislation, or to reflect any changes to our current business procedures. Any changes will be updated on this page and will be date stamped at the bottom. We do actively encourage you to check this Policy periodically especially before you provide any personal information to us.